When parents/guardians sign a child's/young person's "Helen's Bay Tennis Club Permission Form", they agree to abide by the following code:
Parents are expected to:
- Complete and return the Health and Consent Form pertaining to their child’s participation with Helen’s Bay Lawn Tennis Club
- Deliver and collect the child punctually to and from coaching sessions/matches.
- Ensure their child is properly and adequately attired for the weather conditions of the time, including shorts, shirt, socks, tracksuit, sweat-tops, hat, gloves etc.
- Ensure that proper footwear and protective equipment are worn at ALL times in accordance with Health and Safety Regulations. Any child not in possession of the fundamental requirements will not be permitted to participate.
- Detail any health concerns pertaining to the child on the consent form, in particular breathing or chest conditions. Any changes in the state of the child’s health should be reported to the coach prior to coaching sessions.
- To inform the coach prior to departure from the field of play if child is to be collected early from a coaching session
- Encourage their child to play by the rules and teach them that they can only do their best i.e. focus on effort rather than performance
- Behave responsibly on the sidelines
- Show appreciation and support the coach
- Ensure their child is punctual
- Be realistic
- Provide their child with proper clothing and equipment
- Ensure their child’s hygiene and nutritional needs are met
- Accept the official’s judgement
- Acknowledge the importance and role of the club coaches who provide their time free to ensure children’s participation in the club
- Promote their child’s participation in playing sport for fun
- Not ignore or dismiss complaints expressed by a child
- Not treat the club as a minding service.
Parents/Guardians have the right to:
- Know their child is safe
- Be informed of problems or concerns relating to their children
- Be informed if their child is injured
- Have their consent sought for issues such as trips
- Contribute to decisions within the club
- Complain if they have concerns about the standard of coaching.
Any misdemeanours and breach of this code of conduct will be dealt with immediately by a Club official. Persistent concerns or breaches will result in the parent/guardian being asked not to attend games if their attendance is detrimental to the child’s welfare.
The ultimate action should a parent/guardian continue to breach the code of behaviour may mean the Helen’s Bay Lawn Tennis Club officials regrettably asking the child to leave the club.