When you become a member of Helen’s Bay Tennis Club, you (and your parent/guardian) sign to say that you have read the following Tennis Ireland Code of Conduct, and agree to abide by the guidelines set out in the code.
The tennis player will:
- Play fairly and have fun
- Abide by the rules set down by team managers when travelling to away events.
- Behave in a manner that avoids bringing the game of tennis into disrepute.
- Respect officials and accept their decisions
- Talk to the children’s officer if you have concerns
- Respect opponents and always shake hands at the end of a match
- Use his/her best efforts in competitive matches
- Refrain from the use of bad language and inappropriate gestures
- Refrain from ball/ racquet abuse
- Refrain from the use of coaching during competition
- Never use unfair or bullying tactics to gain advantage on or off the court
- Never use bullying tactics to isolate another player
- Never pass on gossip about another player or adult
- Never make false allegations about another player or adult
- Never keep secrets about anyone who has caused you harm
- Win with grace and lose with dignity.
Child/youth members have the right to:
- Be safe
- Be listened to
- Be respected
- Enjoy your sport in a protective environment
- Be referred to professional help if needed
- Be protected from abuse by other member or outside sources.
- Participate on an equal basis, appropriate to their ability
- Experience competition and the desire to win
- Be believed
- Ask for help.
In addition Helen’s Bay Tennis Club believe ICT in this area should be used responsibly:Children/young people will not use social media or the internet in a manner which could be considered threatening, offensive, upsetting, bullying, illegal or the invasion of anyone’s privacy.